All material is original, created and copyright Mark Burkenbine 2013-2024

Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Homeless with you



I already knew I  married the right one
good woman,good home, good memories I hope never fade
and then life threw us this curve
kind of sent us sideways

a year of being banged up and sick
operations,  and repossessions
 hospitals and bankruptcy...so many busy days
     Life can be a  fulltime job without getting paid

Landlord sold the condo
we are out on our ass
with  pockets full of tears,
 hearts full of hope and it all seems fair
living in the car
getting by doing this and that
    here and there

Moving back to be near the kids
and see our grandson
is the early last wish no one should have to ask or say
you made that decision for us both
and special doesn't even begin to describe what you deserve every day

I hope you understand
I know it sounds so wrong
but there is no one i'd rather be homeless with, than you, my wife
Homeless with you, I know will always be
The best time of my life.

I know she deserves better than my selfish ways
I offer to take her to her family but she says that is me
and I am glad she said that even though I can't find a way to get her a home

I will tell you this, we have been through so much
we live by our means,no credit , no crutch
we grow stronger every day, we remember who threw sticks and stones,
we are together and that means never alone.

Hotels, lakes and rest stops...thanks to those
family , friends and kindly souls
Thank you one and all from the bottom of my heart
for understanding we are stronger together than we would be apart.

I hope you understand
because i know it sounds so wrong
but there is no one I'd rather be homeless with, than you , my wife
Homeless with you, I know will always be
The best times of my life

copyright Mark Burkenbine 2014

Mark Burkenbine    July 1, 2014


No comments:

Post a Comment